plant: Flowers of Avarai (small yellow flowers from small bushy plant road side) are
good medicines for diabetes. Fresh flowers or preserved (dried flowers) can be taken in
the form of decoction. The stem of the plant, when cut and crushed, gives a watery juice.
The juice when applied on cut open wounds heals the wound quickly.
2. Manjal Karisalankanni (greens variety):
3. Mango leaves:
5. Fenugreek seeds:
6. Kilanelli: The entire plant( including the stem, root & leaves) should be made into a paste, mixed in filtered buttermilk taken 3 days a week in empty stomach will cure not only jaundice, also help to bring down sugar level.
7. Vilvam: Juice of Vilvam (2 tablespoons) a day is very effective
8. Bittergourd: Decoction of the leaves of bittergourd, juice of bittergourd, soup of the bittergourd are very effective.
9. Jamun (Nagapazham): Fruit juice ,fruits and the seeds are very effective for the cure of diabetes. The seeds are dried, powdered and taken mixed in water or milk.
10. Fig: Unripe figs taken as kootu with green gram, the seeds when crushed and taken with a spoon of honey are good for diabetes.
11. Banyan tree: Small pieces of the bark of the tree, and ariel roots are soaked in water overnight. The Water is filtered and taken in empty stomach.
12. Gooseberry: Taken either fresh or
in dried powdered form the same effect as above said. (While under medication, blood sugar
must be checked every fortnight .If found normal please stop the medicine. Continue when
sugar level goes up.)